FAQ - Billing
A: Customers can find their account number, payment ID, and payment pin number on the top right corner of their bill. A customer account number is required when creating an account or using the Guest Sign In option on the Citizen Action Center website. Customers must enter the information as it appears on the bill.
A: South Fort Collins customers have a variety of ways to pay their bill:
- Personal/Business Check: Customers may pay by mailing their check payment to the address provided on their bill.
- Online Bill Pay: Please visit our website at www.sfcsd.net and click on "Pay Your Bill" at the top right corner of the home page.
- Customers may also use their BillPay service with their personal bank. They are encouraged to consult with their banking representative to determine if this is an option for them.
A: Customers are encouraged to create an account they can use immediately for a variety of purposes, including making payments online. They will go to the Citizen Action Center (https://sfcsd.citizenactioncenter.com/) and enter a username (i.e. their email address) and a password. They have the choice of adding their utility account information here or once they are logged in. Additionally, they may enter personal information specific to their account profile.
A: Customers may take advantage of electronic or paperless billing by contacting the South Fort Collins Sanitation District at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting this option. Please call (970) 226-2484 if you need additional assistance.
A: Yes, customers may use a “Guest Sign In” if they have not created a profile. They will need three pieces of information to utilize this feature:
- Utility Account Number
- Billing Zip Code
- Customer Name on the Utility Account (may be different than name on bill ex. Owner of property if a tenant is paying on the account.
A: Customers may set up recurring payment (Autopay) once it is available (February 2024) by logging into their online account and selecting Manage Account/ Setup Autopay. If there is not a previously stored payment method, one can be added on the Profile and Contact tab.
A: When troubleshooting an error message or unsuccessful payment attempt, customers should first verify the following information:
- For credit card payments, double check the card number, billing zip code (may be different than the zip code of the service address), three-digit CVV code on the back of their card, and state abbreviation where the card is registered (two capital letters only).
- For payments from a bank account, double check the bank’s routing number, the individual’s bank account number from which funds will be deducted, billing zip code (may be different than the zip code of the service address), and state abbreviation (two capital letters only).
- Next, if/when all information is entered correctly, customers should clear their browsing history and cache.
- Finally, customers may call for assistance if these steps do not resolve the issue. Help is available 6:00 am – 3:00 pm (MST) Monday through Friday at (844) 324-5371.
A: In the event a customer forgets their password, they may utilize the “Forgot Password?” feature included on the sign-in page. They should follow the prompts, and ensure an updated password satisfies any criteria required.
If creating a new password does not resolve the problem, then customers may call for assistance. Help is available at (844) 324-5371 from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm (MST) Monday through Friday.
A: For tenants: please visit our website www.sfcsd.net and select Forms to complete the "Move in/Move out form to email to email@example.com.
For owners: the title company should have emailed a Sewer Assignment and Transfer of Service for us to be able to create a new account.
A: The property owner is ultimately responsible for unpaid sewer charges. The bill will be sent to the property owner or property management and it is up to you to collect from you tenant. Failure to pay the final bill will result in a Notice Of Intent to File Lien letter will be sent and additional fee may apply.
A: Tenants and property owners can add or remove their names from the service by completing a Move in/Move out form on our website www.sfcsd.net and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The property owner is ultimately responsible for unpaid sewer charges. The bill will be sent to the property owner or property management and it is up to you to collect from your tenant. Failure to pay the final bill will result in a Notice Of Intent to File Lien letter will be sent and additional fee may apply.
A: In order to provide clear title to the property at the time of the sale, your title company should contact us and we will provide them with an Estimated Final Request to be collected at closing. When the final bill is prepared, we will include the payment made at closing. If there is money still owed on the account, you will receive a bill that says “Final Bill” on it.
A: The Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) hosts a database for all filings. Click here for SFCSD.
FAQ - General
A: Fort Collins-Loveland Water District (FCLWD) was formed in 1961 to address an immediate need for water in the area between Fort Collins and Loveland. As the population within FCLWD grew, the need for sanitary sewer service emerged. As a result, South Fort Collins Sanitation District (SFCSD) was formed in 1964. While the districts were young and relatively small, there were benefits to sharing operations, management and administrative staff.
Over the last 60 years, the districts have grown to more than 50,000 people. Technology and regulatory requirements have also advanced over the years, requiring specialization and individual focus for water treatment and wastewater reclamation services. By forming an independent organization, SFCSD will be able to focus on its reclamation-specific needs.